Replace Your Missing Teeth with Functional and Life-looking Dental Implants
Missing something? Like a tooth? Losing — even one tooth — can affect your smile in many ways, including how you eat, talk, and smile. However, dental implants from Eagle Family Dental can restore your smile’s beauty and function as if you never lost teeth. Expertly placed by our doctors, dental implants are virtually indistinguishable from your natural teeth, whether in appearance, feel, or function.
Dental implants are titanium roots, that are replaced with in the jawbone to resemble a tooth or group of teeth. A screw is inserted through the gums and into the jawbone. A porcelain crown is then attached to the screw to become the new tooth or teeth. They can be used to support dental prosthesis including crowns, dentures, and bridges. Today’s treatments are so natural looking, no one will know you had surgery. There’s approximately a 95% success rate for all implants. With modern advances in dentistry, some implants can be restored immediately with life like all porcelain crowns. For more details ask your dentist.
What to expect from the dental implant treatment
The dental implant treatment consists of numerous steps spanning several months. However, it is important to note that a certain amount of time is necessary for proper integration of the implant with your jawbone. Here is what the dental implant treatment looks like:
- Initial consultation: We conduct a comprehensive dental exam to determine your suitability for dental implants. This check-up includes examining your mouth to rule out cavities, gum disease, and other issues that may compromise your dental implant. We also inspect your jawbone to ensure it’s healthy enough to support an implant. We recommend bone grafting before placing an implant if you have severe bone loss.
- Implant placement: After administering anesthesia and possibly sedatives, the dentist will surgically place a titanium fixture at a precise location in the jawbone. Over the next 3-4 months, your implant fuses with the surrounding bone through osseointegration to form one biological structure.
- Abutment placement: After healing and fusion, your dentist will open your gums to place a small connector on your implant post. This minor surgery needs about two weeks to heal.
- Tooth restoration: Finally, your dentist will place a natural-looking crown on your implant to restore your tooth.
Sometimes, a crown or bridge may not be sufficient to restore your smile after tooth loss. When you have lost several or all teeth, we usually screw a denture or bridge on 4-6 implants strategically placed in your mouth. Often called All-on-X dental implants, these restorations are cost-effective and less extensive when using dental implants to replace all or most of your teeth.
Benefits of dental implants
When you get dental implants from Eagle Family Dental, you’ll get the lifetime benefits below:
- Renewed self-confidence
- Easy maintenance
- Preserved jawbone
- Lifetime teeth replacement
- Stabilized adjacent teeth
- Restored oral function
- Natural look and feel
- Versatility to replace one, several, or all missing teeth
After tooth loss, you want a restoration that allows you to enjoy near-permanent, natural-looking teeth without worrying about slippage or falling out. Dental implants are the most predictable, reliable, and real-looking teeth replacements available. To get dental implants in Arlington, WA, please call (360) 322-1251 for a consultation with our dental team at Eagle Family Dental.